National Watermelon Day is this Wednesday, August 3 and we have the perfect watermelon salad recipe to help you celebrate! This hydrating fruit paired with one of our favorite olive oils from Masia El Altet makes for a delicious summer snack.
Masia El Altet’s land dates back to 17th century Spain, where generations have cared for and cultivated olive groves to create its distinctly flavorful olive oils. Try it out for yourself with this simple and brilliantly light recipe.
- Mozzarella Balls
- 1 lemon
- 1 spoonful of Honey
- 1 spoonful of Extra virgin olive oil (we recommend Joel Robuchon)
- A dash of Balsamic vinegar
- Cut the watermelon into bite sized cubes, set aside.
- Stack one piece of mint, one mozzarella ball, a watermelon cube and secure with a toothpick.
- Mix honey, olive oil and a dash of balsamic vinegar into a small bowl.
- Cut the lemon into halves and squeeze the juice from one lemon half into the dressing and mix well.
- Drizzle the dressing over your skewers.
- Grate the leftover half of the lemon over the skewers.
About the Artisan
The name Masía El Altet (Masía meaning country house and El Altet meaning “the one on the heights”) refers to the land where its olive grove and 17th century country house are located, among the mountains 800 m above sea level, but only 30 km from the Spanish Mediterranean coast. This location is integral to Masía El Altet’s distinct olive oils. The olive fruit is best when raised in the cold winter weather and under the warm Mediterranean sun, exactly like Masia El Altet.
The trees are fed only with mineral groundwater, flowing directly from inside the mountains located in the surrounding Nature Parks. Masía El Altet also prioritizes the safety of its surrounding nature by using the least invasive methods and best materials possible. This intricate process translates to local, limited production that is hard to find in the United States
Masía El Altet was a favorite of French Chef Joel Robuchon, whose restaurants amassed 32 Michelin stars, the most stars awarded to a single chef in history. In addition to high praise from esteemed chefs, Masía El Altet has received over 600 international awards, including Best of Class and Gold Medal in the New York International Olive Oil Competition and First Prize in Italy’s extra virgin olive oil competition, AIPO D’ARGENTO.
Shop all Masía El Altet products, including the Joel Robuchon Extra Virgin Olive Oil here!